Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Salary Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 1 Civil Service eligible list have been canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to an Office Assistant 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description The incumbent’s duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Compile and gather required information.
• Maintain files pertaining to the unit.
• Data entry.
• Scan documents.
• Review and process a variety of transactions.
• Seek appropriate resolution of any issues.
• Initiate and respond to inquiries or requests from other entities; as needed.
• Prepare special projects or reports requested by management.
• Draft correspondence to reply to appropriate applicants or sub-grantees.
• Process a variety of transactions pertaining to Disaster Assistance policies and procedures.
• Other clerical duties as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.