Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Information Technology Specialist 1, (#20-786).
Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer via Sections 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/.
Please Note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment if such transfers would exceed two salary grades.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (DFS) is seeking candidates for the position of Information Technology Specialist 1 in its Information Technology Unit. The incumbent will be assigned to Information Technology Help Desk operations in New York City. The position will be responsible for triaging and assisting with lower level requests for assistance by DFS staff and employees, and refering more complex issues to their supervisor for resolution. The duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Providing IT help desk customer service related to laptops, mobile devices, and other technology and communication devices for staff assigned to the Department;
• Installing, configuring or customizing software and ensuring that the configuration meets system requirements and user/Business Unit needs;
• Running diagnostic software to ensure that equipment operates properly and takes appropriate corrective action when required;
• Providing initial troubleshooting support regarding technology and communication devices for staff assigned to the Department and escalate issues when necessary;
• Testing fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved, and perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests;
• Ensuring that repair and preventative maintenance procedures are followed for the Department’s hardware and software, workstations, printers, peripherals, etc.;
• Providing Audio-Visual equipment technical support, including support for Video Conference connections and teleconferencing bridges;
• Maintaining and updating software on technology and communication devices for staff assigned to the Department, including anti-virus software and ensuring that virus definitions are up-to-date;
• Creating templates/reports/publishing materials, performing intranet website updating and development, data receipt and storage, and database programming with regard to help desk operations; and
• Compiling reports on information technology issues concerning help desk tickets and resolutions, defective/damaged IT equipment, warehoused IT equipment, lost/stolen technology and communication devices, numbers and types of user licenses, error reports, etc.
• Two years experience in IT Service Desk and/or call center with a ticketing system.
• Strong technical knowledge of PC, desktop hardware and current MS Windows Operating Systems.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional Comments Please note that a change in negotiating unit may affect your salary, insurance and other benefits.
Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.
Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than November 15, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include the Box # (Box IT-04102) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.