Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Individuals who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 1 Civil Service eligible list have been canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to an Office Assistant 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description The incumbent’s duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Maintain and organize the physical personnel files, ensuring that each folder has all the requisite information and reaching out to employees whose files are lacking this information.
• Maintain and organize the 5th Floor Supply Room, ensuring that items are easy to find and requesting additional supplies through the DHSES Dashboard System.
• Update and maintain various DHSES databases including:
• The LENS database, which is operated by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles.
• The employee emergency contact database.
• The DHSES ID database
• The onboarding and offboarding checklists, following up with employees who need to complete additional paperwork and return agency items
• Serve as an alternate for fingerprinting and creating IDs
• Review all mail for the 5th Floor, sorting it and delivering it to the appropriate personnel.
• Assist with the DHSES internship program, in creating onboarding packets, application packets and ordering, setting up, and cleaning up catering for internship related meetings.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.