Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current NYS employee with one year of permanent or contingent-permanent service in a title at or above SG-23 and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the general guidance of the Director of Personnel, the Assistant Director of Personnel assists in leading personnel staff in the Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) as it relates to department or division wide human resources issues. Duties include:
• Assist in the management of an agency-wide examination program, encompassing both centralized and decentralized initiatives.
• Advise subordinate staff on classification matters; new classification requests, reclassifications, and reallocations, ensuring activities support the department’s classification plan.
• Oversee the work of subordinate staff on various staffing activities including filling positions, assigning staff, employee status, and reduction-in-force.
• Oversee the administration of the department’s Performance Management Unit. Interacting with program staff and providing guidance in writing probation reports, and employee evaluations, as well as handling staff performance issues.
• Support the statewide administration of training programs for program managers and supervisory staff to gain a working knowledge of such human resource principles and practices such as effective interviewing and evaluating work performance.
• Consult with Division management on the impact of actual or proposed changes in Civil Service law and regulations.
• Represent the department at meetings and conferences on personnel administration and the resolution of specific problems or proposals.
• Oversee activities related to special projects initiated by internal and external directives.
• Meet the department’s time and attendance requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Building 9, Room 256