Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be currently reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 2 (SG-18) eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible to transfer, interested candidates must have at least one-year permanent competitive service in a 52.6 qualifying title allocated to salary grade 16 or higher.
Duties Description Complete tasks to ensure that systems are current with Oracle release, patches, etc.
* Troubleshoot issues to ensure timely resolution for customers.
* Implement proper database design, backups, statistics, index reorganization, etc.
* Prioritize assignments to ensure timelines are met.
* Prepare and review of complex technical requirements written to ensure requirements will be fully met.
* Serve on various teams related to IT and/or user requirements for the Database Support Team
* Assist bureau management with research and special projects.
* Create and review software and procedural documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Demonstrated experience in Database Administration including but not limited to (3 months to less than 1 year):
o management of database storage
o management of database security
o database performance tuning
o database backup and recovery procedures
o database programming for application related support
* Demonstrated experience in Sql/Sql Plus (3 months to less than 1 year)
* Demonstrated experience with Oracle database (3 months to less than 1 year)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on Applying Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 16, 2018. Please reference Item 1585 – GOER-MPM when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.