Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • Must be a US citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently attending a New York State college, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year college or university (completion of one year’s worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students)
• Or currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
• Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or equivalent to a C.
• Junior or Sophomore level college Student
• Major in Information Technology
Information Technology-Network and Programming knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Duties Description This Student Assistant position is with the Tools and Monitoring Team. The candidate will assist in the design, configuration, troubleshooting and deployment of Zenoss, Solarwinds, Netdisco and Cisco Collectors services. This includes coordinating, documenting and diagramming all changes, and assisting in the investigation/ diagnosis/resolution of any discovery issues. Duties will also include writing technical procedures, tracking and communicating with customers and vendors.
This Student Assistant will be scheduled for between 5 and 7.5 hours, three to five days per week (days and hours flexible), in the Wolf Road office.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Roxanne Languish at HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov, no later than July 19, 2018, and indicate that you are applying for Student Assistant- Networking Intern, ref.# 30216. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, including any relevant course work. Proof of your student status (i.e. course schedule, transcript, or other documentation) and GPA will be required prior to appointment.