Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
7 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications • Must be currently permanent in the title of Human Resources Specialist 1.
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Human Resources Specialist 1.
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service to the Human Resources Specialist 1 Trainee (Head Clerk Personnel, Principal Clerk Personnel.)
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
• Preference will be given to individuals with experience in the above mentioned areas.
• At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position.
Duties Description • The incumbent will be assigned to the Human Resources Office and under the direction of the Human Resources Specialist 2 will be responsible for a full range of staffing activities, including but not limited to, recruitment; Civil Service List Administration; budget requests, classifications; and item realignment.
Duties to be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by November 20, 2018 to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.