Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Any permanent Social Work Assistant 3 OR
Any person eligible for 70.1 transfer
Promotional Opportunities: Any person eligible for appointment from the civil service list
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: For qualified employees of NYS: On or before the date of the written test, you must have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Social Work Assistant 2, Social Work Assistant 2 (Spanish Language), or Social Work Assistant 2 (Manual Communications).
For all other qualified individuals: You must have: Either: 1. A master’s degree in social work; Or 2. A bachelor’s degree in social work and one year of post-bachelor’s experience in social work;
Or 3. A bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service area and two years of post-bachelor’s experience in social work.
Please Note: You must have taken the most recent SWA 3 exam that was offered on May 13, 2017.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION/PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Will include, but are not limited to:
• Be a member of the Self-Direction Team
• Be a member of the Waiver Quality Review Team
• Assist in processing referrals on Self-Direction Template
• Facilitates Self-Direction and Front Door meetings and trainings
• Provide training and technical support to Brokers/Fiscal Intermediaries on the Self-Direction template and other related training needs
• Work with Self-Direction Team in maintaining current Self-Direction Plans. Assist in plan modifications and revisions.
• Facilitate Broker Training on a regular basis and on an as needed basis.
• Act as a liaison to families, agencies and Fiscal Management Service agencies.
• Outreach for New Brokers
• Outreach to Care Managers, families and provider agencies so they are familiarized with Self-Direction.
• Other duties as assigned
• Some travel may be required
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and resume by November 21, 2018 to:
Sunmount – OHRM
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 18-154 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.