Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description Provide support to EFB faculty and other professional staff as needed, with various keyboarding and clerical tasks including:
• Assist Graduate Curriculum Director with EFB graduate program. Maintain individual graduate student files; update and modify spreadsheet with academic data on each student. Work directly with graduate students. Work with Chair and/or Associate Chair on GA assignments. Maintain spreadsheet with GA interests; maintain spreadsheet with faculty requests of GAs – provide documentation for final decision making of GA appointments. Generate individual GA appointments to Office of Instruction and Graduate Studies office – may work with OIGS for GA list continuity.
• Assist Undergraduate Curriculum Director with data collection for Undergraduate Program Assessments; assist in open house and transfer days, if requested. Update undergraduate yearly.
• Provide support for Cranberry Lake Biological Station Director.
• Provide support for Thousand Island Biological Station Director – which may include paying bills and keeping track of payments on spreadsheet.
• Order supplies for department using both State and Research –p-cards. Keep track of receipts for monthly reconciliation.
• At end of each academic year, work with Associate Chair and with EFB Chair’s secretary to process all student awards.
• Coordinate meetings and assist EFB faculty on Department committees. i.e., Promotion & Tenure, faculty searches, undergrad disciplinary committees. May keep track of expenses for faculty searches.
• Modify, update and maintain EFB websites for faculty, working with college web coordinators. Ongoing task – take initiative to update as needed throughout the AY.
• Admissions office contact for scheduling prospective/accepted undergraduate student visits.
• Provide a positive atmosphere for visitors, faculty/staff/students/coworkers.
• May handle incoming and outgoing mail.
• May handle routine maintenance of office equipment including fax and multiple copiers.
• Update and keeps spreadsheet of all EFB adjunct appointments.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.