Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Any permanent Social Work Assistant 3 OR
Any person eligible for 70.1 transfer
Promotional Opportunities: Any person eligible for appointment from the civil service list
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: For qualified employees of NYS: On or before the date of the written test, you must have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Social Work Assistant 2, Social Work Assistant 2 (Spanish Language), or Social Work Assistant 2 (Manual Communications).
For all other qualified individuals: You must have: Either: 1. A master’s degree in social work; Or 2. A bachelor’s degree in social work and one year of post-bachelor’s experience in social work;
Or 3. A bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service area and two years of post-bachelor’s experience in social work.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs a wide variety of social services for assigned individuals.
• Independently provides written and oral assessments and service programs and lends written and oral input to treatment team meetings.
• Monitors Individuals programs for continuity, consistency and progress as determined by the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team.
• Perform a wide variety of support to the individuals.
• Complete annual and semi-annual assessments; add input to treatment team meetings.
• Provide individual counseling sessions as needed.
• Ensures and provides documentation of services delivered, including interventions, reflecting needs, strengths, goals, level of participation and rights.
• Advocate for the needs of the individuals. Monitors individual’s treatment planning, implementation and documentation process to ensure that services are provided as mandated and that individuals receive the services that they need.
• Take action whenever problems of compliance with regulations occur (i.e. provide immediate feedback to involved staff when appropriate and necessary; keep team leader informed of all unresolved problems within assigned caseload).
• Function as a liaison between individual’s families and the team.
• Obtain informed consent from individuals/families/legal guardians for any rights/restrictions or restriction intervention.
• Schedule and attend family/home visits
• Teach social skills/health and wellness group
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by November 21, 2018 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 18-158 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.