Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list, or;
Candidates must have permanently served at least one year in a title designated as appropriate for transfer in accordance with Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Transfer eligible titles include but may not be limited to: Associate Accountant, Associate Examiner Municipal Affairs, Associate Internal Auditor and Associate Medical Facilities Auditor.
INSURANCE PREMIUM AUDITOR EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Director of Workers’ Compensation Compliance M-4, the Associate Auditor, SG-23 will oversee the audit of payroll records of employers to determine whether they have under reported or misclassified reported payroll with the intent to defraud workers’ compensation premiums.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Serve as the lead technical expert for the audit of workers’ compensation premiums.
• Ensure auditing activities are in-line with Board policies and procedures.
• Obtain and compile all pertinent documents required to perform a complete insurance premium audit as prescribed under New York Compensation Insurance Rating Board underwriting guidelines.
• Perform audits on Unemployment Insurance Referrals; adjust Unemployment Insurance payroll as it pertains to premium calculation standards.
• Maintain and report statistics regarding cases and outcomes of misclassification and under reporting.
• Review investigation reports from various Board operations, interviews, payroll records, carrier files and underwriting files.
• Create and issue subpoenas to employers and carriers when necessary.
• Prepare audit report, employee data sheet and premium calculation report to determine if employer is under reporting/misrepresenting payroll; identify penalty date range and determine level of penalty based on number of employees under reporting.
• Develop methods of prevention and mechanisms for identifying and reporting misclassification.
• Perform the more difficult audits.
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #5265 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.