Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer: Current or previous one-year permanent service as a Secretary 1.
70.1 Qualifications: Those titles within two salary grades or one M-grade as approved by Civil Service.
Simultaneous to this posting the appropriate civil service list may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position will provide support to the Treatment Team Leader on the Cortland County Team. The Secretary 1 will
provide critical administrative support to the TTL ensuring communication, production of services, data reports and
tracking activities related to the delivery of services within the Team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide administrative and clerical support to the TTL.
• Receptionist for the team, answer telephones, screen calls, and take messages.
• Greet the public and employees in a courteous manner
• Maintain supplies and forms for the team
• Maintain shared drive and record, type and distribute team meeting minutes.
• Create, update, maintain and protect data in Excel databases for the team.
• Responsible for typing both confidential and general documents and correspondence submitted by team, (primarily correspondence, meeting minutes, e-mails, memos, reports, etc.).
• Publisher and Power Point to create training materials.
• TABS (Tracking and Billing System) to enter data for FC billing, transportation, tracking and DDP2 profiles.
• Microsoft e-mail system.
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of a variety of office equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining bulletin boards, procedure manuals, office filing system and various tracking systems.
• Maintain the team’s filing system, as required and compile information as needed.
• Coordination of team events.
• Participate in meetings as required.
• Miscellaneous duties as needed for support of the staff.
• Successful candidate will have good communication skills, be well organized, and effectively coordinate office procedures.
• Maintain data bases (Training, evaluations, etc.).
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit PRF-1 form and/or cover letter and résumé by 11/19/2018, to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
North Syracuse, NY 13212
Questions about this position can be referred to Erika Atkinson at 607-756-5637.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.