Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2400 Halsey Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must currently encumber a Developmental Assistant 2 position at OPWDD, OR have permanent or contingent/permanent status as a Developmental Assistant 1 with one year of experience and eligible for promotion to Developmental Assistant 2, OR be reachable for appointment from the Civil Service List.
OPERATIONAL NEEDS: Possession of a valid driver’s license and current certification in SCIP, CPR, First Aid, and AMAP are PREFERRED.
Duties Description The incumbent will perform a wide variety of functions and tasks in a community based residence and have direct contact with developmentally disabled individuals, staff, and others who may interface with the individuals. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: manage day to day operations of the residence; oversee staffing; manage petty cash and in-house individual funds; manage incident reporting and respond to crisis situations and medical emergencies by taking appropriate action; complete required monthly and quarterly reports; counsel subordinates regarding performance of job duties and evaluates their performance; order food and supplies for a group home; and may also assist with budgeting and staff training.
Additional Comments Please submit cover letter and resume by Nov. 21, 2018 to:
Reference EOA #2018-264 on all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.