Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
930 Willowbrook Road, Bldg 12G
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Licensed Master Social Worker 2
Permanent service as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2
Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 title
FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
Must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post NYS licensure professional social work experience, i.e. Professional social work experience involves activities such as screening, assessing and diagnosing individuals' and families' psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations; participating in the development of treatment plans and discharge plans; counseling and educating individuals, groups and families to promote mental, emotional, physical and social functioning; helping access needed services; providing client/patient advocacy and crisis intervention; and developing, coordinating and evaluating services and support systems. Experience limited to social work research or social work administration is NOT considered qualifying
Must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
* If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled civil service examination for this title and your score
must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the
examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained *
Duties Description The LMSW 2 will provide a full range of social work services to intellectually and developmentally disabled adults and children
through the community services of Staten Island DDRO which will include but not be limited to:
• Will be a member of the eligibility committee, which will consist of reviewing and presenting individuals for eligibility
• Will provide clinical input as part of the Intensive Respite committee.
• Will be the liaison for Language Access and National Voter registration
• Will provide weekly updates on Memorandum of Understandings
• Will prepare all SFARs for SIDDRO to be reviewed by the Director.
• Will work closely with the CCO liaison to identify and address issues pertaining to Care Coordination. This will include
attend/participate on special community groups meetings; participating in all webinars, VCs and conference calls pertaining to the CCOs.
• The LMSW 2 will be required to handle more complex issues and sensitive situations and will be expected to exercise a high
level of independent professional judgment throughout the course of performing their duties.
Additional Comments For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program: for more information on
PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1150 Forest Hill Road, Human Resources