Minimum Qualifications Either 1) Reachable on the Civil Service eligible list; 2) Eligible for reassignment by virtue of having permanent competitive service as an Information Technology Specialist 4 (DB); OR 3) Eligible for transfer under the provisions of sections 52.6, 70.4 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law by virtue of having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
Duties Description The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an Information Technology Specialist 4 to work within our Development and Operations unit of Business Solutions. The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and support of our existing and future Oracle Middleware, Oracle Software implementations, and Application Server Implementation and Configuration.
• Maintain, and support Middleware environments built in Oracle WebLogic
• Maintain, and support web tier proxies (HAProxy, OHS, Apache)
• Maintain, and support Oracle Solaris servers
• Assist with migrations for Java Applications on WebLogic
• Administer multiple pieces of oracle software (WebLogic, WebCenter Content, WebCenter Portal)
• Unix scripting for oracle middleware applications servers, and web servers
• Certificate Management for SSL
• Administration and support of server and storage infrastructure components.
• Create documentation to help support and maintain current/future architecture
• Act as Change Control Manager
• Assist with Siebel and/or migrations of applications from one environment to another as needed.
• Experience with Unix OS (Solaris)
• Experience with Linux OS (RedHat)
• Experience with Proxy Servers
• Experience with Oracle Troubleshooting (My Oracle Support)
• Experience with Solaris Patching
• Experience identifying and diagnosing data flow issues
• Experience working with certificates to implement SSL
• Proficient Unix shell scripting and PowerShell scripting
• Proficient troubleshooting application and web server logs
• Familiarity with programming like C, C++ or Java
• Experience with management of SPLUNK
• Experience with Service now modules including change control, incident and requests.
• Experience with virtualization technologies like Docker and zones.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Office is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include vacancy ID #61462 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.