Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications 52.6 Transfer:
One year of permanent competitive service in a title SG-16 and above designated administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
One year of permanent competitive service as a Mental Hygiene Staff Development Specialist 3.
70.4 Transfer to Agency Training and Development Specialist Trainee 1:
One year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to SG-11 or higher; possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following acceptable educational practices and have standing on the Professional Careers Test (PCT) eligible list.
Duties Description Assists the Agency Training and Development Specialist 2 in administering the employee development program for OGS and all host agencies; creates and maintains a database for all employee development records; coordinates with OGS training liaisons and NYS CSEA Partnership Program; and assists in the administration and development of agency training programs designed to improve the on-the-job knowledge and abilities of clerical, technical, supervisory and administrative personnel to better enable them to carry out the agency's mission. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assessing training and development needs by observing agency staff and discussing agency programs with program managers.
• Maintaining employee attendance records for all training courses, issuing certificates and updates the agency's Learning Management System (LMS).
• Preparing proposals for training programs utilizing funds provided for in State and employee agreements and GOER.
• Assisting employees with tuition reimbursement programs
• Administering e-learning licenses and training programs.
• Presenting training courses developed both in-house, through the Agency Training Partnerships and GOER.
• Making arrangements for training courses including scheduling classroom space, set-up, equipment, materials, supplies, etc.
• Evaluating and maintaining data on training courses through the use of questionnaires, reports, and other methods.
• Disseminating training announcements and information concerning educational opportunities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor, Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza