1500 Waters Place, Building 13
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and certification by the New York State Education Department in Psychiatry. Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and/or Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment. Bronx ATC is a Tobacco-Free facility.
Duties Description The incumbent will perform the following general duties:
1. Review referral agency reports, document medical history, and perform psychiatric evaluations and documentation
2. Provide infirmary-type care (e.g., examine patient, order and/or render treatment as necessary and follow-up as necessary)
3. Provide mental health education and risk reduction counseling (on an individual and group basis)
4. As an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, participates in and serves as health adviser at Treatment Team meetings, as well as assist in patient discharge planning when necessary
5. Participates in activities intended to improve patient care and facility operations
NOTE: The ATC uses a computerized patient record system.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave., 4th floor