Minimum Qualifications • At least ten (10) years of software administration experience, at least three (3) years of which must be supervising in an IT environment, (e.g. Electronic Content Management (ECM), Enterprise Relationship Management (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM)).
• Experience must include the following, which may be concurrent:
- Three (3) years experience participating in planning, analysis, coordination, execution, and maintenance of software application implementations;
- Three (3) years experience coordinating with IT system program and project managers in order to manage the interoperability and compatibility between software products, hardware components, and application customizations ensuring business functions are maintained through upgrade and patching cycles; and
- Three (3) years experience performing diagnostics on system operations to identify problems and trends and monitoring system performance both to prevent future problems, and to react to unforeseen system issues through the use of automated system tools.
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the general experience
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Technical Services Assistant Director, the role of the Software Administration Manager is to supervise NYSLRS software administration project staff ensuring that they excel at meeting their deliverables. The Software Administration Manager is accountable for the performance of the staff and has full supervisory authority to fulfill this responsibility. The Software Administration Manager will oversee the supervision of software administration support project activities, assist in project planning and status reporting, the preparation of supervisory reports, as necessary, and assist in monitoring the full lifecycle of project management strategies, processes and techniques (e.g., workload planning, change management, procurement and contract management, etc.) that must be successfully deployed to ensure project success.
The Software Administration Manager is the Retirement Division’s third level liaison to vendors that will be procured for this project including, but not limited to:
• Line of Business (LOB) Solution Vendor – responsible for the activities to replace the current information system at NYSLRS, including, but not limited to:
- Project planning and management;
- Technical and business requirements development and detail design;
- Hardware/software installation and configuration;
- Training and documentation;
- Implementation of phased roll-outs;
- Change management activities; and
- Warranty and post-implementation support.
• Quality Assurance (QA) Vendor – responsible for the quality assurance aspects of the project including, but not limited to the review of all deliverables from the LOB Solution Vendor during all stages of the project, and advise NYSLRS on potential problems, including security concerns, in an effort to provide a quality solution.
• System Security Testing Vendor – responsible to provide application and security testing services that shall validate the integrity of NYSLRS high quality product, including but not limited to:
- Vulnerability Testing - Automated/Scripted reviews of the system configuration, software levels and patching that correlate to known security weaknesses.
- Intrusion Testing - Active attempts to demonstrate that vulnerabilities or combinations of deficiencies will lead to actual or potential loss of data, elevated rights, incorrect rights, or other system failures.
The Software Administration Manager will also oversee the development and tracking of progress against project plans, schedules and events.
In addition, particular emphasis must be placed on ensuring the transfer of knowledge and skills from all vendors to the project team, legacy staff and OSC CIO staff
Under the direction of the Technical Services Assistant Director, the Software Administration Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Oversee the design and implementation of all packaged software proposed in support of the LOB solution, including, but not limited to, reviewing interoperability requirements, maintenance schedules, patching procedures, configuration items and general functionality necessary for support
• Assist in oversight of the LOB solution vendor in the system performance tuning of software packages and/or any other third party packages procured in the development of a pension administration system
• Assist in oversight of the efficiency, reliability, and effectiveness of the processes and procedures proposed by the LOB vendor that will be used to apply timely updates, fixes, and patches.
• Assist in oversight of Project Software System Administration staff, direct the implementation and/or upgrades of application solutions for the NYSLRS Project
• Assist in oversight of the work of other necessary systems personnel (both within the Project and in CIO) to coordinate the proper application of these updates.
• Oversee the Software System Administration functions of the LOB solution through the use of administration consoles and system monitors to ensure tools are adequate to meet business availability requirements
• Communicate regularly and effectively with the LOB solution vendor and CIO technical support teams.
• Assist in oversight of CIO staff to ensure they understand the full impact of system software enhancements as they relate to OSC, developing and monitoring SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and OLAs (Operating Level Agreements) where necessary to ensure that work is accomplished in a coordinated, well-planned manner and meets expectations.
• Assist in oversight of the monitoring of the LOB solution vendor’s plans and participate and provide input into plan revisions.
• Serve as a liaison between various groups to develop and facilitate the implementation of policies. It is expected that this candidate will be working with: technical and non-technical staff, vendors and employers as needed.
• Oversee the development and updates to procedures for maintaining systems including research available information and standards for maintaining such information, write procedures, communicate and collaborate with technical staff and implement new procedures upon approval.
• Oversee the preparation of software request for proposals including the development of technical and/or functional requirements as assigned.
• Oversee the preparation of the LOB solution vendor request for proposals and preparing requirements as assigned.
• Oversee and participate in the evaluation of responses to RFPs.
• Assist the QA vendor and Testing Unit in the execution of demonstration scripts and testing as needed.
• Oversee assignment of staff, setting of priorities and the preparation of person-day estimates for project planning.
• Oversee the coaching and assistance to less experienced staff in addressing technical and functional issues that impact the project.
Additional Comments PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated experience administering any of the following software:
- PeopleSoft Enterprise 9.1, including
o Human Capital Management (HCM)
o Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
o Learning Management
- Oracle Policy Administration (OPA) and Policy Modeling
- Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics (OBIA)
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Oracle WebLogic Suite
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) Suite
- Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Manager (GRC)
- Phire Architect
- AMC Express Agent (MCIS)
- Adobe RoboHelp Server
- IBM Rational Performance Virtual Testers
- Merkur Goup DeliveryWare Base Server, Rules Engine, Image Recognition Module, Connector for PeopleSoft
- Business Intelligence (BI) Administration Tool
OTHER DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated experience ascertaining the various methods available to accomplish maintenance tasks and to determine which methods to use under varying conditions in order to improve customer service;
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting application, network communications, and storage communications problems utilizing diagnostic tools to trace and resolve technical problems;
• Demonstrated experience tracking and resolving problems which impact continuing system operations;
• Demonstrated experience documenting procedures pertaining to server maintenance, configuration, change, and release management;
• Demonstrated experience addressing new software maintenance requirements and service outages;
• Ability to effectively assist in leading a team, with responsibility for assisting in managing a cohesive staff to ensure achievement of objectives;
• Knowledge of retirement benefits administration business requirements and their fulfillment through specific IT capabilities and practices;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrated experience administering or utilizing any of the following software:
- Oracle Enterprise Data Quality
- Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA)
- CA ESP Workload Automation Business Agent for PeopleSoft
- Micro focus Net Express COBOL
• Demonstrated experience with any of the following hardware:
- IBM x3650 M3 Server
- IBM Storage – DS8800
- IBM P770
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and the attached template summarizing required qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 2, 2013. Please reference Item # 07339-GOERjc in the subject line and on the cover letter.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete the attached template in full to demonstrate they meet the Minimum Qualifications. Eligibility will be assessed SOLELY on the contents of the template. The resume and cover letter will be referenced to enhance the understanding of the items listed in the template. Ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions will not be decided in the candidates favor. Additionally, candidates are strongly encouraged to fully describe in their materials how they fulfill the Preferred Qualifications
To obtain the required Project template; copy and paste the following hyper link into your browser, download and save the template:
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.