Duties Description Primary Responsibilities include:
• Assist the Deputy Administrator in managing and tracking the case load
• Alert attorneys, investigators and administrative staff to deadlines
• Help draft, edit, and submit documents as due dates approach
• Attend meetings to discuss progress and strategies to work with the Deputy Administrator to prioritize case work and/or resolve issues as they arise
• Transcribe testimony from audio
• Create, scan and maintain electronic and paper files
• Receptionist duties
• Detail oriented
• Proficiency in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL and Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Fast, accurate typing
• Comfortable moving scanned documents in a network
• Integrity, honesty, trustworthiness and discretion
• Patient and calm telephone manner in dealing with the public
• Transcription experience is a plus
Candidate will work with attorneys, investigators and other administrative personnel on matters relating to judicial ethics including preparation of legal documents. Will be required to adapt to frequently changing assignments and perform several duties simultaneously. Filing, copying and updating network and paper files. Assist callers on filing complaints with the Commission. Responsible for all aspects of mail—completing mail logs, distributing mail, preparing certified mail, UPS and FEDEX packages. Familiarity with the NYS court system useful.
Additional Comments This position is eligible for full NYS benefits including: health, dental and vision insurance; pension plan; generous paid time off; etc. Great work-life balance. The State of New York does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, religion or disability in the admission to, access to or employment in our programs or activities. Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request. The State of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email MUST include the job code, NYC17. Candidates should be prepared to take a typing and transcription test. This position is eligible for an additional $3,026 per year in location pay.