Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Selection Criteria: Ability to work effectively within the treatment team
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to serve as a role model
Ability to act independently
Ability to accurately observe and document conditions relating to individuals
welfare and security
Minimum Qualifications: Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State AND
certification by a Member Board of the American Board of Medical
Specialties (ABMS) in your specialty
Current Medical Specialist 2
Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title
deemed comparable to Medical Specialist 2, by the Department of Civil
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: In a clinical setting, the incumbent will provide diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services under the direct supervision of a licensed physician.
• As the leading Doctor, the incumbent will be responsible for the administration and delivery of all medical/clinical treatment programs, including medical, medical ancillary and psychiatric services, by both facility healthcare staff and consultants.
• The primary duties will include responsibility for providing direct clinical services and overall medical management to a panel of individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Additional duties will include working with medical staff, medical representation on teams, participate in facility wide committees and compliance with all oversight entitles, example: (OPWDD, DOH).
• Physical medicine and medical-ancillary services.
• Maintenance of accepted standards of medical practice, while ensuring the provision of quality medical care services.
• Full compliance with Office of People with Developmental Disabilities policy regulations, especially as they pertain to operating under Intermediate Care Facility Standards.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by December 19, 2018 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 18-129 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.