Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service List or eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Please include your civil service title, grade, status and indicate how you qualify for the position (i.e. transfer, CS list).
For Provisional Appointment:
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and two years of professional clinical or administrative experience in a federal or state certified developmental disabilities program agency. One year of this experience must have been in a professional administrative position in which a major duty involved planning, coordinating, and/or evaluating a statewide, regional, or DDSO program for people with developmental disabilities.
Substitution: A master`s degree in a human services specialty or in public administration, business administration or hospital administration may be used to substitute for up to one year of the non-specific experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review completed investigations and supporting documentation provided by voluntary agencies, and as necessary, request additional work be completed on the investigation, and/or request additional supporting evidence, and documentation.
• Work cooperatively with voluntary agencies to ensure their investigations are thorough, unbiased, meeting OPWDD standards.
• Submit approved investigations to the New York State Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People’s data system the VPCR (Vulnerable Person’s Central Register) for “JC Review.”
• Act as liaison, should the Justice Center request additional investigative work, or have questions for the for the investigating agency.
• Several times a day, review the VPCR for new cases assigned to OPWDD, and move these cases to the next system stage, “pending provider.” As necessary, notify oversight for the OPWDD Office of Investigations and Internal Affairs (OIIA) of incidents assigned to their regional offices.
• Check personal and shared mailboxes regularly throughout the day to respond to, review, and forward as necessary, emails from the Justice Center (various departments), and voluntary agencies.
• Assist voluntary agencies as needed with the technical aspects of the web submission of investigative records (WSIRs) process.
• Respond to telephone and email inquiries from the Justice Center, voluntary agencies, and Incident Management colleagues and supervisors.
• At the direction of the Investigative Unit Supervisor, review Significant Incidents for approval, or for additional investigative actions.
• As assigned by the Investigative Unit Supervisor, track cases, review old cases, search for errors, transcription errors, conducting general quality reviews.
• Serve as a resource for, and provide technical VPCR/WSIR assistance for colleagues in the incident management unit.
• Maintain an understanding of the Part 624 (14 NYCRR part 624) handbook and commentary.
• Maintain an understanding of the PPSNA (Protection of People with Special Needs Act)
• Maintain an understanding of generally accepted investigation practices, and the policies and procedures for investigations accepted by OPWDD.
• Complete all other tasks as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue