Office of State Assessment
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For permanent appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Educational Testing OR be reachable on the Civil Service list for this title. For provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree AND three years of qualifying experience OR a master’s degree or higher in psychometrics, statistics, educational research, school counseling, guidance counseling, tests and measurement, or psychology AND two years of qualifying experience as noted below.
Qualifying Experience: Experience in a position in which the majority of your duties involved developing, analyzing, or constructing large-scale tests and/or large-scale scoring rubrics; administering various aspects of a large-scale testing program on a professional level, such as the review, analysis, and interpretation of test score data, the development, review and editing of examinations, test manuals, and other test materials; or reviewing or re-rating open-ended responses.
Please Note: Constructing or administering tests for individual classroom or school district use is NOT qualifying.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent contingent appointment.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $79,819 based on annual performance advances.
Duties Description The Office of P-12 Education is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant in Educational Testing, SG-22, in its Office of State Assessment. This office is responsible for the development and statewide administration of all State examinations for elementary, intermediate and high school students. Duties of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
• Providing information, technical assistance and policy guidance related to secondary-level assessment to school personnel, professional organizations, State and federal governmental agencies, and the public as needed;
• Communicating as necessary with individual schools and districts by telephone, mail, email and fax regarding obtaining, handling, storage, administration, and scoring of State assessments;
• Assisting the Director in planning and carrying out routine tasks and in the supervision of subordinate professional and clerical staff engaged in handling and processing school requests for State examinations and in the accurate and timely distribution of secondary-level examinations to schools;
• Coordinating the ongoing design and continual improvement of the online examination request system for schools in regards to secondary-level State examinations;
• Monitoring the progress of assigned examinations through the various printing stages, including arranging consultant review, and reviewing items and examinations submitted by contractors; and
• Acting as liaison with the Office of Information & Technology Services (ITS) for technical matters concerning the State’s secondary-level testing program.
Additional Comments APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 24, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1103) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Box P12-1103/04471 89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 24, 2013 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1103) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Please like us on Facebook!