Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
93 West Campbell Road
Duties Description The NYS Department of Tax and Finance is actively recruiting
60 credit hours of college level coursework or 1 year of clerical support experience in a customer service environment preferred.
Preferred candidates will possess proven experience in a customer service setting dealing with the public in person or on the telephone providing information concerning and/or explaining policies and procedures, resolving problems, or reconciling accounts. Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally while representing the department, are essential.
Under the direct supervision of a Taxpayer Service Representative 2, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide telephone assistance by eliciting information from callers to determine the nature of the inquiry, assisting callers with tax filings, answer routine, simple questions about filing requirements or other related information, and route calls to the appropriate specialized units as necessary.
• Resolve routine problems and issues.
• Receive, screen, review, and verify documents.
• Sort and distribute documents, keep appropriate records, and redirect documents as necessary.
• Update and correct records and files.
• Create routine reports, (e.g., personal and unit production, or assist in
preparation of reports by gathering data, tabulating results,
preparing simple charts).
• Operate office machinery, including photocopiers, calculators, computer printers, and scanners.
• Enter and/or retrieve information from computer databases.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Create materials, including, but not limited to letters/memorandums, emails, and spreadsheets using various computer software programs.
• Research and resolve errors and omissions on tax
• Comprehend complex agency and program policies and
• Perform other related duties as required
Additional Comments Work schedules vary. Part time opportunities may also be available. Positions are available at the ViaPort Mall location: 93 West Campbell Road Schenectady, NY.
All successful candidates must be fully compliant with all Federal, State and Local Tax Laws, which includes being current with their Tax Return Filings. Fingerprinting is required as part of the background check prior to appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates must complete and submit an applicant
history form and temporary position supplement form (resumes are
optional) located on our public website at:
If completing by mail, completed forms must be mailed to: NYS Department of
Taxation and Finance OHRM Personnel Unit W.A. Harriman State
Office Campus, Bldg. 9, Room 256 Albany, NY 12227