Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • Must be a US citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently attending a New York State college, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Preferred Junior; minimum Sophomore level college student
• Major in Information Technology or Engineering
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year college or university (completion of one year’s worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students)
• Or currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
• Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or equivalent to a C.
Duties Description This Student Assistant position is with the End User Services Team. The candidate will assist with on-site end user support of computers for Executive Agency staff. This includes, but is not limited to, imaging/deployment of PCs/laptops, software installation, and assisting in the investigation/diagnosis/resolution of issues reported by users in Service Now (the ITS service desk ticketing system). Duties will also include writing technical procedures, updating tickets in Service Now, and communicating with users to provide a high level of customer service.
The Student Assistant will be scheduled for between 5 and 7.5 hours, three to five days per week (days and hours flexible).
-- Basic Networking knowledge
-- Basic PC Hardware Knowledge
-- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Additional Comments Fingerprinting will be required of hired candidate. New or returning ITS employees may be required to pay for their own fingerprinting.
Please include a copy of your most recent trascript and enrollment verification along with your resume and cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingPlease send a resume and cover letter indicating that you are applying for a Student Assistant/COO-End User Services, Ref. #90040 position no later than June 15, 2018 ATTENTION: Schuyler Younkin.