Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
888 Fountain Avenue
Minimum Qualifications • Must be a permanent Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding) OR
• Eligible for appointment from the civil service list OR
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to an Office Assistant 1 by the Department of Civil Service.
• This title is filled from the Office Assistant 1 – keyboarding eligible list. There are no minimum education or experience requirements. However, for those who pass the written test, prior to being considered for appointment, you will be required to pass a keyboarding test that demonstrates your ability to enter text at a rate of at least 30 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Daily check of the Intake Voicemail and answer/direct calls
• Maintain a log of phone calls received and feedbacks given
• Send follow-up information packets to new referrals to the Front Door process
• Coordinate and schedule all Front Door Information sessions
• Prepare and manages all registration for the Front Door to ensure no overbooking
• Prepare folders and packets for distribution at the Front Door Information sessions
• Prepare Certificates for attendee at Information sessions
• Assist in preparation for Front Door Information sessions and collect/file all the attendance sheets and the individual data sheets
• Check eligibility in TABS
• Record Services during QRT and manage QRT spreadsheet
• Follow up with Revenue Support Office to check Medicaid eligibility
• Assist with EAA clean-up activities
• Complete and upload NODs into CHOICES
• Complete additional administrative tasks that include but not limited to: filing, copying and uploading information and documents into databases and tools
• Other tasks as assigned
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.