Office of College and University Evaluation
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Higher Education.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidate must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation OR as a Veterans Education Program Representative 3 AND have a master’s degree AND five years of professional academic administrative or professional educational experience in the United States in a college, university, post-secondary or higher education agency, a cultural institution with degree granting privileges, or professional association having oversight, regulatory, or coordinative responsibility for higher or professional education.
Section 70.4 Transfer: A candidate may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer to Associate in Higher Education if they have standing on the Civil Service eligible list for this title and are currently a New York State employee in a title allocated at Grade 24 or higher.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy (OEP) is seeking applicants for the position of Associate in Higher Education to work in the Office of College and University Evaluation (OCUE). OCUE monitors academic quality in all undergraduate and graduate programs, except those leading to professional licensure, throughout the more than 270 public, independent, and proprietary degree-granting institutions in New York State. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review, verify, and approve applications from New York State institutions of higher education (IHE) for participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA);
• Monitor compliance and participation with SARA policies and standards;
• Collect and analyze data on the performance of NYS and out of state IHE;
• Provide guidance and technical assistance for New York State IHE that participate in SARA;
• Review and act on complaints made against New York State IHE that participate in SARA;
• Assist NYS residents with complaints against SARA IHE in other States;
• Review, verify and approve applications from out of state IHE, that do not participate in SARA, who are seeking authorization to provide distance education in NYS;
• Assist in the review of institutions that seek to establish a physical presence in New York; and
• Perform special assignments as directed by the Commissioner of New York State Education Department, Deputy Commissioner, or Director of College and University Evaluation to meet needs for analysis, research, and communications.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 18, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-600/70050) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 18, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-600/70050) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.