Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Minimum Qualifications • Any permanent Developmental Assistant 3.
• Any permanent employee who would meet eligibility requirements for a 70.1 transfer.
• Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service list.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position serves as a second level supervisor of multiple work sites; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises multiple work sites and performs a wide variety of administrative and supervisory tasks; supervises and coordinates direct care and mid-level supervisory staff across shifts and work sites to ensure appropriate coverage and utilization of staff; in addition, may be assigned the following:
- Evaluates staff needs based on program objectives.
- Prepares justification for and assists in the filling of vacant positions.
- Instructs mid-level supervisors as to the tasks to be performed and provides them with written/verbal guidelines.
- Reviews, approves or modifies as needed schedules/assignments developed by mid-level supervisors.
- Reviews the use of overtime and temporary staff and revises assignments as necessary.
- Assists higher-level supervisory/administrative staff in coordinating matters related to employee corrective/disciplinary actions.
- Reviews administrative reports and follows up as required.
- Inspects work sites and supports agency mission, including assisting with follow up from administrative staff or outside monitoring agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by July 17, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #180717C in all correspondence.