Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Minimum Qualifications Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as an Office Assistant 3 Calculations, SG-14 OR in a position approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
Duties Description The incumbent will be assigned to the Finance Budget Unit and will support various financial, accounting and procurement processes and methodologies.
Duties include: But are not limited to the following:
• Management of B-1184 requests submitted to the unit for review.
• Management of the units’ central mailbox including read, categorize, and forward emails to the appropriate Manager, Budgeting Analyst, or other Shared Mailbox.
• Prepare Hourly Based Information Technology Services (HBITS) and travel requests for budget analysts review including cost calculations.
• Review overtime requests, complete a financial analysis and recommended action for analysts’ review.
• Review incoming procurement requests for completeness and accuracy, and prepare package for budget analysts review and action.
• Prepare Weekly Financial Reports.
• Submit and track waivers using Civil Services' NYSTEP system.
• Manage Pool Code IDs/Pool Code ID maintenance in the OSC's PAYSRV system.
• Maintain various spreadsheets used for budget monitoring and projections.
• Maintain the Budget Unit SharePoint site ensuring spend plan tracking fields and calculations are accurate.
• Knowledge of Statewide Financial System (SFS) applications preferred, including data entering and running reports from SFS and AnalyzeNY.
• Provide office support when needed, including scheduling interviews and other meetings.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Louise C. Nails no later than July 15, 2018, and indicate that you are applying for Office Assistant 3 Calculations, Ref. #00422. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.
Your Social Security Number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.