Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title allocated at salary grader 23 or higher and deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To qualify for transfer under Section 52.6, you must have a current Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) certificate OR a master's degree in rehabilitation counseling, including a supervised internship from a Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) accredited program OR a master's degree in rehabilitation counseling or counseling and notice of eligibility to sit for the CRCC certificate examination.
Provisional Appointment: If the eligible list contains fewer than three acceptors, a provisional appointment may be considered. For provisional appointment, candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor or Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Manual Communications).
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in an Associate Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position and are interested in transferring to the location indicated on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates to fill an Associate Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position in the Buffalo District Office. Under the supervision of the District Office Manager, the incumbent of this position will serve as supervisor of all counseling services in the district office and as the direct supervisor for Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (SVRCs) in charge of counseling units. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate and direct counseling activities in the office which including reviewing and analyzing data reports for caseload quality and quantitative controls; advising counseling unit supervisors on policy and procedure questions; and proposing solutions to operation problems;
• Investigate major complaints concerning provision of services; handle consumer compliant inquiries; and serve as an informal resource to SVRCs in consumer appeals;
• Analyze data and prepare reports illustrating the effectiveness of current practices, unmet program needs, and recommendations for program development;
• Promote and encourage public interest in ACCES-VR services and represent ACCES-VR at conferences and meetings regarding vocational rehabilitation, including meetings with providers, schools, colleges, employers, and the community; and
• Assist the District Office Manager in the preparation of budget requests including Core Rehabilitation Services (CRS) contract usage, all other contract usage, and staff needs.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Statewide travel will be required.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $102,661 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 27, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (ACS-2074/43409) in the subject line of your e-mail and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION DEADLINE: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 27, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (ACS-2074/43409) in the subject line of your e-mail and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.