Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Empire State Plaza, Agency Bldg. 2, 16th Flr.
Minimum Qualifications The ideal candidate has a collegial attitude, is a self-starter who works well independently, and possesses sound judgment. The ideal candidate is a multitasker, who is proficient in planning, organizing and prioritizing daily work and long-term projects, and can learn and adept to new technology. Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
In addition, candidate must have help-desk experience, and be well-versed in various software/hardware and network products, such as Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 365, iPhone platform etc., from programming, troubleshooting and user interface/training perspectives. Prior experience with web-based communications and/or Webmaster experience is a plus. Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred; more than one year of work-related experience is required. Additionally, candidate must be willing and available to work unscheduled hours as necessary.
Duties Description Investigative Aides for Information Systems in the Offices of the Inspector General work under the supervision and direction of the Director of Information Systems as well as the Chief of Staff. Investigative Aide’s for Information Systems provide support statewide to all information systems/infrastructure. While the position is based in Albany, frequent statewide travel is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• perform server and workstation administration, password maintenance, assigning rights to files and folders, creating and deleting users;
• answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other information system-related technologies;
• troubleshoot, resolve, integrate, test, and maintain operating systems environments such as, but not limited to: Windows 7, MS Office 2016, MS Exchange 2016, MS Server 2012, etc;
• maintain email system, including administration of spam and attachment blocking; conducts online research as necessary;
• maintain VOIP telephone services and OIG-issued cell phones; provide support to electronic equipment such as printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines;
• advise the Director on information technology related issues; and
• keep current information security issues and patch management.
All case related information and knowledge obtained in the performance of these duties is treated as confidential information.
Additional Comments This is an Management Confidential position that is appointed by the Inspector General. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The State of New York does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, religion or disability in the admission to, access to or employment in our programs or activities. Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request. The State of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Agency Bldg. 2, 16th Flr.