Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as an Information Technology Specialist 2, SG18 OR in a position at the SG16 level or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law OR in a title approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Candidates eligible for consideration under Section 70.4 of Civil Service Law with one year of permanent competitive service as a SG16 or higher with active status on the eligible list for this title and those eligible for consideration under Section 55-b/c are also encouraged to apply. Candidates meeting the following minimum qualifications may be considered when the appropriate promotion list is exhausted. For 55-b/c consideration, candidates must satisfy at least one of the following:
1. A Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in computer science, computer information systems, telecommunications, or management information systems; OR
2. A Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in any field including or supplemented by 15 credit hours in computer science with at least 9 credit hours in programming languages; OR
3. A Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in any field AND at least one year of experience in one or more of the following computer related areas: Computer programming, business/systems analysis, program design or program testing; OR
4. A minimum of 60 college semester credit hours including at least 15 credit hours in computer science AND at least one year of experience in one or more of the following computer related areas: Computer programming, business/systems analysis, program design or program testing; OR
5. A total of two years of experience in the following computer related areas: Computer programming, business/systems analysis, program design or program testing.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
Duties Description Under the general supervision of an Information Technology Specialist 3 (Grade23), the Information Technology Specialist 2 will be a member of the User Services. Candidates must possess strong communication and customer service skills. Job duties include phone support for users statewide using remote tools (if necessary) to offer one-on-one assistance. In additional on-site support with the customers will be required. The goal is to provide same day problem resolution. Any unresolved problems are routed via the Ticketing Software to the appropriate team for resolution.
• Provide courteous end user support.
• Provide a proficient working knowledge of Windows operating systems in a Windows Active Directory environment.
• Provide end user support for Microsoft Office 2016/O365.
• Troubleshoot software products installed on AG equipment.
• Document calls in the AG’s ticket tracking system. Refer unresolved issues to the appropriate second and third level groups for resolution.
• Responsible for reviewing aged tickets and ensure proper follow up with the customer is occurring.
• Follow up with IT Staff on tickets sent to second and third level for resolution. Ensure tickets are properly updated in the ticketing system
• Assist with configuration and setup of ServiceNow
• Assist with on-boarding new IT Service Center Staff
• Assist in creating user documentation.
• Assist with the creation of desk top images.
• Assist with on-site installation of user equipment (including pc’s, phones, printers, scanners, laptops)
• Assist in testing and documentation of new hardware and software packages.
• Assess new hardware and software products.
• Supervise and/or mentor ITS 1 staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Office is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.email@example.com. You must include vacancy ID #55579 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.