Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description Under the general supervision of the Associate Director Human Resources 2, the incumbent will supervise a staff of Human Resources Specialists 1 responsible for providing personnel administration and management services to several divisions/bureaus within the Tax Department. Essential functions include supervising and/or personally performing the following activities:
1. Advising program staff on classification matters; researching and analyzing requests for new positions, reclassifications, reallocations, and related classification matters, and recommending appropriate action; preparing classification requests and supporting documentation.
2. Advising program staff on matters relating to filling jobs, assigning staff, employee status, probation, reduction-in-force, and related staffing areas; as necessary, obtaining policy and legal interpretation and/or approval of desired approach from supervisory or Civil Service staff.
3. Developing and administering decentralized examinations and coordinating department participation in specific centralized exams; obtaining Civil Service approval of job analyses, exam scopes, announcements and related materials.
4. Researching and preparing correspondence in response to inquiries from employees and the public.
5. Handling special assignments such as developing and/or administering new programs, conducting recruitment drives, conducting special studies, participation on task forces, personnel training, etc.
6. Meeting the department's time and attendance requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume including current title, how you qualify and your social security number for verification. Please reference the vacancy ID number and title.