Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Transportation Budgeting Bureau, Policy and Planning Division
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The individual will primarily be responsible for all budgeting aspects of one or more program areas in the Department. The analyst will be expected to prepare and/or oversee the preparation of program area budget estimates, proposal justifications and workload forecasts using a strategic planning approach. Responsibilities also include preparation and analysis of narrative and tabular reports indicating agency expenditure components for the purpose of monitoring agency expenditures. The individual should have excellent problem-solving abilities.
This position requires excellent communication skills among varied audiences including Division of the Budget (DOB) Staff, program area staff and Executive Management, as well as the ability to objectively assess financial and/or staffing needs and requests at all levels. The assignment requires analysis of program procedures and legislative proposals, personnel costs and staffing level issues, as well as all non-personal service issues throughout the Fiscal Year. The appointee will perform maintenance and analysis of data in both database and spreadsheet formats.
Specific duties of this position include:
• Under supervision, provide budget management of the Administration program and all related appropriations and re-appropriations;
• Monitor and project regular, seasonal and overtime Personal Service expenditures and Non-Personal Services;
• Coordinate review and funding of annual budgets, expenditures and requests with individual Administration program areas;
• Prepare budget requests for Administration and related appropriations;
• Process requests for DOB approval of hiring waivers, position actions, and B-1184 purchase proposals;
• Work closely with DOB in evaluating confidential budget policy alternatives;
• Provide confidential advice to Department management on budget proposals affecting Administration programs;
• Assist with the Statewide Financial System (SFS) onboarding efforts;
• Track ITS purchases and monitor expenditures throughout the year, as well as handling ITS invoices for work performed for NYSDOT.
• Take on additional assignments as Budgeting Bureau management deems necessary.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Policy &Planning Division, POD 6-4