Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as a Manager Information Technology Services 1, OR in a position at the SG25 or M1 level or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades or one M-grade.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
Duties Description MIS1 will work closely with Office of the Attorney General and Information Technology staff to define and develop requirements for new or existing information technology (IT) systems and business processes. Reporting to the CIO the MIS1 will manage the team that will analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business systems.MIS1 will perform analysis; develop, communicate, and maintain methodology and standards.
MIS1 will oversee systems requirement development for future or current state of large business analysis projects or series of smaller projects.
• Review and finalize system research and information gathering activities;
• Review, document, and categorize current “as-is” state of the business process or function including finalizing flow charts and process models;
• Oversee identification and documentation of business process changes or enhancements required by procedural changes or by changes to laws and statutes;
• Ensure that agency needs are documented and proposed solutions are properly vetted, with all stakeholders, prior to being implemented.
• Prioritize business process changes to maintain system functionality and efficiencies;
• Establish timetables for completion of projects for subordinate staff;
• Facilitate communication of business process and system requirements to IT staff, program staff and stakeholders;
• Analyze test results from data scenarios;
• Validate requirements throughout the business analysis process;
• Review and finalize business system documentation;
• Review and confirm business process deficiencies requiring resolution during or after implementation;
• Review summarized information that was gathered from multiple source and confirm accuracy.
• Monitor work with technical resources on requests for new reports, changes to data displays and general functional tasks.
• Prepare for and participate in system governance meetings as required by the CIO or Deputy CIO.
• Monitor and maintain a triage/governance process.
• Review FAQs created to assist users and minimize support requirements.
• Identify and make recommendations for updates/upgrades to current technologies.
• Assist stakeholders in creating business practices that enhance the user experience.
• Review reporting statistics and metrics from Business System Analysts before providing executives with information on program and project initiatives needed to manage their business processes.
• Supervision of Business Systems Analysts as needed; including prioritization of work.
• Train Business Systems Analyst team members on skills required for business analysis.
• Oversees Business Systems Analyst team on gathering and evaluating information.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.email@example.com. You must include vacancy ID #57866 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.