Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
80 South Swan St.
Minimum Qualifications Permanent service in the Senior Training Technician (Police) title or one year of permanent, competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-16 or higher and otherwise eligible for transfer under Civil Service Law, or reachable on the eligible list for this title.
Duties Description The Senior Training Technician (Police) will be assigned to the Office of Public Safety and will report directly to an Associate Training Technician (Police). The incumbent will be assigned to work on the Gun Involved Violence Elimination Program (GIVE). Duties include but are not limited to:
• Serve as a liaison between DCJS and local criminal justice agencies regarding the Gun Involved Violence Elimination (GIVE) program;
• Assist with the development and review of GIVE jurisdictions’ applications for funding, re-allocation requests, and quarterly reports;
• Facilitate technical assistance, training and networking activities around the State;
• Provide guidance and support to the GIVE agencies regarding their strategic efforts to reduce firearm-related crime;
• Conduct research and serve as a subject matter expert on evidence-based policing strategies;
• Assist in monitoring local crime trends and conducting inquiries via data collection;
• Promote all the Governor’s criminal justice initiatives along with the services of DCJS to local law enforcement and prosecutorial agencies;
• Handle special assignments/projects as assigned as directed by supervisor.
Additional Comments Appointment is subject to Division of Budget waiver approval.
The NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Derick Eng, Director of Workforce Diversity and Equity Programs at (518) 485-7962. The Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report is also available for review by contacting Derick Eng.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
80 South Swan St.
Notes on ApplyingPlease send a cover letter and resume to the email/address above if interested indicating the Job Posting # 57939 .
DCJS was named to the Times Union’s list of 2017 and 2018 Top Workplaces as voted on by our employees, and received special recognition for fostering new ideas and communication.