Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2400 Halsey Street
Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must be currently employed by OPWDD as follows:
Developmental Assistant Trainee: One year of permanent or contingent/permanent service as a Direct Support Assistant OR Licensed Practical Nurse and be eligible for 70.1 transfer OR be currently serving in the title of Developmental Assistant Trainee OR be reachable for appointment from the Civil service list.
Developmental Assistant 1: One year of permanent or contingent/permanent service as a Developmental Assistant Trainee OR presently employed as a Developmental Assistant 1.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will perform a wide variety of functions tasks in a community-based residence and have direct contact with developmentally disabled consumers, staff and others who may interface with the consumers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Maintain the general health, well-being and safety of the consumers; participate personally in the maintenance, housekeeping and food preparation duties; implement the individuals’ habilitation/service plans; respond to crisis situations and medical emergencies by taking appropriate action; supervise direct care staff; counsel subordinates regarding performance of job duties and evaluates their performance; may be responsible for subordinate’s attendance records and assignment of job duties and may assist with budgeting or staff training.
Additional Comments Please reference the above EOA #2018-165 on all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.