Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in any degree discipline
• Strong interest in the financial markets with excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Candidate should possess intellectual curiosity, focus and creativity, as well as a keen research instinct with creative problem-solving abilities
• Preference may be given to candidates who have obtained their MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential (CFA study at any level is a plus)
• Familiarity with financial markets preferred, but not essential
• Ideal candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to deliver results
Duties Description The Investment Department of the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) is seeking a Junior Investment Analyst to assist with all aspects of its Investment operation. This position reports to the Chief Investment Officer.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
In addition to working with analysts, portfolio managers and traders, the Junior Investment Analyst will interact frequently with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and senior Investment staff. There are four core areas that the candidate would experience either through rotation or via direct placement: Risk Analysis; Trading; Portfolio Management; and Credit Analysis.
• Assisting with quantitative, qualitative and administrative aspects of managing NYSIF’s portfolios.
• Collaborating with Investment Department colleagues on daily activities and special projects.
• Assisting with the development and of regular and ad-hoc reporting for senior management and staff.
• Interfacing with other departments, including finance, compliance, and cash management.
• The candidate will perform analysis on Bloomberg and other market related systems.
• Working with Microsoft PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Word
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates should email or mail a resume and cover letter to:
The New York State Insurance Fund
Attn: Human Resources
15 Computer Drive West
Albany, NY 12205
E-Mail address: email@example.com