Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service List or eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. Please include your civil service title, grade, status and indicate how you qualify for the position (i.e. transfer, CS list).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides high-quality, person-centered services, supports and advocacy to individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. Our guiding principle in our interactions with the people we serve and each other is “Putting People First,” and is exemplified with values of compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty.
OPWDD’s Division of Enterprise Solutions/ Bureau of Property Supports- Real Property is seeking a Real Estate Officer 1. The Real Estate Officer 1 will oversee the daily operation of real estate functions in 54 of New York’s 62 counties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as Director of Upstate Real Property and assist in developing and implementing operational policies, guidelines, regulations and directives regarding real estate program operation.
• Determine the fair market value or properties providers seek to acquire to support the provision of OPWDD programs and services.
• Assist the Capital Finance unit in calculating updates to property thresholds.
• Manage the disposition of State-owned properties and coordinate sale/auction activities with OGS, DASNY and ESDC.
• Identify and negotiate lease terms for properties needed in support of State-operated programs.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue