Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must be reachable on current Plant Utilities Engineer 1, SG-14 list or currently hold the title of Plant Utilities Engineer 1, SG-14 or a title from which transfer is appropriate.
Duties Description Operate, perform maintenance, troubleshoot, make repairs, run performance tests, and calibrate mechanical and electrical equipment providing heat, steam, and high temperature hot water generating and distribution systems, ventilation, air-conditioning, water supply, sanitary systems and electrical distribution in an institutional combined heat and power plant and building mechanical systems. Assist in overseeing energy management and conservation, environmental and safety concerns and preventative maintenance. Utilize Alerton and Johnson building management systems to ensure equipment and energy efficiencies. Make recommendations on major overhauls and replacement of equipment and recommend activity relating to energy conservation projects. Incumbents will supervise subordinate staff in the operation and maintenance of heating facilities and mechanical equipment.
Additional Comments OPERATIONAL NEEDS:
Shift Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm
• Participate in on-call roster (must provide after- hours telephone number)
• Full time position based on a 40-hour work week
• May be required to work overtime based on operational needs
• Overnight travel to regional campuses may be required
• Valid NYS Driver’s License
• Since the actions of other employees depend on the performance of the employee in this position, discipline for unreliable attendance is a factor that the employer will consider when filling this vacancy Plant Utilities Engineer 1, SG-14
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.