Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree and:
1. At least 3 years of experience in eDiscovery project management that includes either managing document review teams, processing, loading and mounting delimited text or “load file” data into traditional “eDiscovery”? associated advanced search and review platform designed for precise data review and culling for production in litigation or investigations. The following may qualify for this requirement:
a. At least 3 years of experience with Relativity or LexisNexis Concordance software Administration and Development or document review project management,
b. At least 3 years of experience with any other advanced search and review platform designed for precise data review and culling for production that ingests delimited text file or “load file” data.
2. At least 3 years of experience performing a substantive litigation support role for attorney end-users, including but not limited to the design and execution of substantive relevancy queries, substantive legal data analysis to assist in Court proceedings or negotiations, and participation as technical litigation support professional in live or telephonic Court proceedings.
3. Advanced knowledge of and experience with any full text OCR software, multiple email programs including Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
4. At least 3 years of experience managing/supervising multi?function, multi?disciplinary team.
Education/Experience Substitutions: Four years of specialized experience; associate's degree and two years of specialized experience
Experience: J.D. or master's degree may substitute for one year of specialized experience; Ph.D. may substitute for two years of specialized experience
Duties Description The Practice Technologies Group (“PTG”) is a Section within the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) Information Technology Bureau. The PTG services our "clients" (NYS OAG attorneys as well as other state agencies) with their end to end eDiscovery needs in both affirmative actions and in defensive litigation. We are seeking employees to provide administrative, technical, and operational integration of litigation support technology to attorneys, paralegals, and analysts.
The Information Technology Specialist 4(NC), Grade 25 will work under the general supervision of an Information Technology Specialist 4 (NC), SG25 and/or the Section Chief. They will be a member of the Practice Technologies Group (“PTG”) which is responsible for providing litigation support services including eDiscovery, trial presentation, processing of electric data that might lead to evidence regarding the matter, and consulting on document collection and review.
• Manage all aspects of assigned OAG eDiscovery, litigation, and FOIL projects (needs assessment, workflow, create communication plan, develop proposals and recommendations, coordinate resources, budget management, risk assessment, etc.).
• Serve as the primary point-of-contact and technical lead on litigation support issues and provide expertise in e-discovery and document review. Establish eDiscovery project goals, explain process involved, determine specifications, and prioritize workflows to meet deadlines. Anticipate issues that may arise and suggest solutions. Provide estimates and schedules on assignments and prepare regular status reports. Write appropriate documentation describing process for use by colleagues and end user clients.
• Provide litigation support and technology consulting services to attorneys and client agencies related to collecting, processing, reviewing and presenting ESI. Services include: Process documents loading to review platforms using Law Prediscovery, kCura’s Relativity, or other industry standard software; Load data into Relativity or another Document Review Platform by building databases for standard load data; identify non?standard data for correction or processing; build custom databases from non?standard data where necessary; configure and customize workspaces; administer and manage user accounts and permissions; determine database design, ingest third party data and databases; perform quality control; prepare document productions; provide end user support for these applications across all phases of the litigation lifecycle; and document processes. Provide eDiscovery and document review platform individual/group training to staff and legal teams.
• Hands-on management of litigation support databases including workflow, creation, design, import/exporting, reporting and troubleshooting. Build, configure, and maintain Document Review Platform databases; setup and configure user accounts; manipulate load files as necessary; create and conduct searches; export documents for production, and adhere to Quality Control procedures for all work performed.
• Manage queue and workflow, prioritize workload, delegate tasks to eDiscovery group members at all levels.
• Assist with the organization, management, and execution of projects involving case-related documents and data, including communicating with legal teams to define project requirements and developing plans and specifications for outsourced coding/imaging projects.
• Communicate with vendors regarding data collection, data processing and redaction, technical specifications, imaging, data hosting and cost estimates. QC vendor deliverables for accuracy and compliance with specifications and instructions.
• Assist in the client IT and custodian interview process to support preservation and collection efforts and the “Meet & Confer” process.
• Oversee the management of trial facility set up in coordination with IT and legal teams.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware problems for the tools maintained by the eDiscovery unit.
• Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned. Collaborate with other IT staff and users as needed for cross?unit or enterprise?wide initiatives. Follow Change Control format and procedures. Resolve and record incident resolution in tracking system.
• Some Travel to regional offices as needed to troubleshoot/fix problems. Provide off-hours support, as necessary.
• Maintain proficiency and follow developments in eDiscovery processes and methodologies, and litigation technologies.
• Manage and coordinate subordinate staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience with e-discovery matters from inception through trial. A working knowledge of proper e-discovery procedures including understanding of data collection and computer forensics, chain of custody, processing, imaging, coding, review, and production; familiarity with the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (“EDRM”)and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (“FRCP”); or, knowledge of legal discovery, “Bates” numbering systems, Boolean search, and technology assisted review.
• Experience with one or more eDiscovery “Document Review Platforms” (i.e. Relativity, IPRO, Concordance, Rational Review, Everlaw, Catalyst, Nuix, etc.) including managing document reviews (e.g., running searches, conducting quality control, or training reviewers) or working with load files and native file processing. Proficiency in database tools such as Access or SQL is a plus.
• Ability to effectively and appropriately communicate technical jargon with a non-technical audience including attorneys, clients, and external service providers.
• Experience working both independently and collaboratively with IT operations staff and coaching/training others.
• Solution-oriented provider with strong customer service orientation. Strong analysis, problem solving, and follow-up skills; ability to troubleshoot problems.
• Completion of the Relativity Certification Administrator (RCA) and/or Certified Specialist in E-Discovery (CEDS) (or equivalent) will be given strong consideration.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Starting salary $81,446 plus an additional $3,026 location pay.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your cover letter how you meet the stated minimum qualifications. Be sure to include vacancy ID #60479 in the subject line of your email.