Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as an Administrative Officer 1, Grade 23, or in a position allocated to 23 and above designated administrative and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Director of the Portfolio Business Office, the Administrative Officer 2 will be assigned to the Portfolio Business Office (PBO) within the Business Services division and will be responsible for an array of activities associated with contractual, administrative, and fiscal management services. The incumbent will perform and oversee management functions within the division, developing and monitoring the Portfolio financial transactions for RFQ’s, HBITS, and other Portfolio needs, as well as coordinating with the ITS Finance Office and/or the OGS BSC on contract and procurement-related activities. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate priority staffing needs and manage these needs within budget, providing advisement to PBO management;
• Prepare regular updates on expenditures and invoice payments, and ensure payments align with appropriate funding source;
• Remain current on NYS procurement procedures and ensure program follows process;
• Serve in appropriate roles in workflow for transactions and confirm accuracy of data/transactions;
• Communicate with key stakeholders, including HR and finance staff, PBO Director, vendors, ITS Counsel’s Office, and other State government officials, as required;
• Manage personal service resource tracking, and contractor complexities;
• Work collaboratively with other Administrative Services staff and ITS core admin support to effectively execute SFS requisitions in SFS; and liaise with the Program staff, PMO and Executives;
• Work closely with central offices, Program staff, Portfolio Executives and Project Managers for all contracts, procurements, staff augmentation and fiscal/budgetary requests;
• Manage procurement activities, and work with the Central Procurement office to implement;
• Oversee and advise on the preparation of purchasing material, and accurate entry into the State Finance System;
• Liaison with the Agency Finance offices, including the Budget Unit, and the Procurement and Contracts Unit, as well as with the ITS Counsel’s Office.
• Direct the planning and development of internal methods, systems, and documents;
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume and indicate that you are applying for Ref #00281. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
Your Social Security number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.