Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled journey-level position which would provide training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprentice training in a trade or training gained by the completion of technical courses in a trade at a school or institute may be substituted for the above experience on a year-for-year basis.
Duties Description - Perform a variety of tasks of the buildings and grounds maintenance trades.
- Perform the construction and maintenance of hiking trails, parking lots, boardwalks, docks, boat ramps, fishing access sites, buildings and structures.
- Will be required to supervise others.
- Perform a variety of tasks utilizing power and hand tools including saws, hammers, drills, sanders, table saws and similar tools used in the construction and maintenance trades.
- Perform a variety of tasks of the construction trades including but not limited to carpentry, masonry, painting, plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
- Operate Lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chain saws and similar types of gas powered equipment.
Additional Comments Must have valid driver's license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain, work in remote areas and in adverse weather conditions. Travel and overtime may be required. Weekends and holidays may be required. Must be available for emergency response. Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies. Must have a valid Class B CDL within 6 months of appointment with appropriate endorsements. Will be subject to the Federal Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act
(OTETA) of 1991, which requires employee testing for drug and alcohol abuse. Must be able to lift and move objects up to 100 pounds.
The anticipated end date of the position is 03/31/19. Work days and hours will be discussed at interview.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.