Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1220 Washington Ave-Bldg. 9
Duties Description 1. Conducts research studies and evaluations relation to the NYS tax structure; Studies reflect the application of generally accepted sound research methods and data analysis.
2. Assists in analysis of the effects of tax programs and strategies related to tax revenue and collections and to the economic and business climate of the State using appropriate statistical and econometric techniques; Analysis applies generally accepted sound research methods and data analysis; Analysis reflects an ability to integrate statistical research and analysis with the resources of other staff in the Office of Tax Policy and the Department in conducting evaluations of policy matters.
3. Develops fiscal impact estimates for enacted and proposed tax law or administrative changes and for use in policy studies and the annual tax expenditure report; Applies cogent revenue estimation techniques and appropriate writing styles.
4. Construct and maintain databases used in conjunction with modeling and perform systems analyses and develop computer programs in support of research and data analysis; Maintains necessary economic and tax data bases and programs; Tax data bases are documented.
5. Complete duties in a timely, organized, well-written, and accurate manner.
6. Adhere to the Department’s time and attendance requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.