Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on current Civil Service list for this title, one year of permanent, competitive service as a Senior Accountant or Senior Auditor, or one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Please note, that in order to be appointed to this position, you must also have 24 credit hours in Accounting and or Auditing.
Duties Description The incumbent for this position participates in process reviews designed to analyze and evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls, evaluate compliance with agency policies and procedures, and formulate recommendations for corrective actions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Conduct walkthrough meetings and document business processes;
• Perform analysis of processes to identify key risks and internal controls;
• Develop and perform test plans of internal control design and effectiveness;
• Identify control deficiencies and recommend corrective actions;
• Maintain workpaper documentation;
• Prepare written reports to communicate review results to management; and
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers.
• Working knowledge of COSO internal control framework and internal control over financial reporting.
• Three years of Internal Control/Audit experience
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking aptitude.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Effective time management across multiple priorities.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Technical skills in Microsoft Office, Visio, TeamMate
• Experience in an insurance company a plus.
• Organizational skills.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include the position title and vacancy id number on your cover letter. Candidates should mail a resume and cover letter to 15 Computer Drive West, Albany, NY 12205 or fax to 518-437-1618. Resumes may also be e-mailed to email@example.com.