Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS: Any permanent Office Assistant 1 OR
Any person eligible for appointment from the civil service list OR
Any person eligible for 70.1 transfer
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: You must take and pass a Civil Service examination in order to be considered for this position.
The examination that is used to fill this position is called Beginning Office Assistant. There are no minimum education or experience requirements for this examination.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction and supervision of the Treatment Team Leader, the incumbent duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Creation and Maintenance of documents, records and tracking systems based on MS Excel and MS Word Programs software.
• Typing, proofreading, correcting work and producing accurate, clean and complete typed copy.
• Performing routine clerical and secretarial tasks as required.
• Receiving and organizing work to be typed and determining document format.
• Performing routine equipment maintenance tasks and referring problems to appropriate person.
• Ordering supplies and materials needed by the office.
• Extensive telephone usage; i.e. answering incoming telephone calls, taking messages for staff members, directing inquiries to the proper department, etc.
• Doing Times entry and assisting staff with their Times issues.
• Updating TAB’s on a daily basis and assuring coverage in their absence.
• Assure vehicle logs are accurate and vehicle maintenance is current.
• Assist Treatment Team Leader and Administrative Staff with recording Training and Incident Review as directed.
• Other related duties as Directed by Treatment Team Leader
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by November 21, 2018 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 18-153 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.