Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1950 Peruville-McLean Road
Minimum Qualifications • Any permanent Developmental Assistant 1.
• Any permanent employee who would meet eligibility requirements for a 70.1 transfer.
• Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service list.
• Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible, candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Direct Support Assistant, Direct Support Assistant (IRM), Direct Support Assistant (Manual Communications) [formerly known as Developmental Aide, Developmental Aide (IRM), Developmental Aide (Manual Communications)], Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1, Licensed Practical Nurse, Mental Health Therapy Aide, Secure Care Treatment Aide, Teaching Assistant, Training Aide, or in a language parenthetic in any of the above titles. If you have three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a traineeship in one of these titles, you also qualify to take these examinations.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Developmental Assistant 1 will perform and supervise staff in the performance of a wide variety of functions and tasks in a community-based setting in support of people with developmental disabilities. They are directly related to the active treatment and habilitation of individuals served. Incumbents serve as a member of the Program Planning Team, and as a first line supervisor of direct support. This position highly involves mentoring trainees in the performance of their duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a Developmental Assistant 1 within the treatment team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by November 16, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #181116A in all correspondence.