Minimum Qualifications New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and certification by the New York State Education Department in an adult health area to practice as a Nurse Practitioner.
Duties Description • Conduct medical examinations for pre-employment candidates and NYS employees referred to EHS for occupational health services.
• Review respirator mask questionnaires from NYS employees submitted to EHS for the purpose of establishing their medical qualification to use various types of respirators.
• Review the results of audiometric testing and prepare the report for the employee and referring agency.
• Assist with diagnostic testing, as needed, including vital signs, vision, hearing, electrocardiogram, and pulmonary function testing.
• Provide immunizations, as needed, including Hepatitis, rabies, and influenza.
• Assist in providing learning experiences for clinical staff.
Typically, the work week is 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday. The incumbent will be expected to travel for overnight periods and conduct medical clinics at various locations throughout Upstate New York. Clinics typically are conducted monthly over a 3-4 days period.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.