50 Wolf Road, 6th Floor
Minimum Qualifications Four years of experience in the review, investigation, and/or evaluation of compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, rules, and regulations; in the planning, development, implementation, and review of programs dealing with Equal Employment Opportunity, human rights, Affirmative Action, minority business program coordination, or labor relations directly relating to Affirmative Action; or in the development and administration of programs designed to facilitate minority community access to employment or business opportunities in the public or private sector. Graduate or undergraduate credits may be substituted for experience on the basis of 30 credits for each six months of experience, not to exceed two years experience.
Duties Description Under the direction and guidance of the Title VI Unit Manager within the Office of Civil Rights, the Title VI Compliance Specialist will work to support NYSDOT’s Title VI Program and ensure compliance with Federal Title VI requirements.
Specific duties of the position include but are not limited to:
• Developing subject matter expertise and remain current on Title VI issues, including issues related to Environmental Justice, Limited English Proficiency, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Providing Title VI technical guidance and assistance to internal and external stakeholders.
• Gathering and processing Title VI complaints received by the Department and ensure complaint information is included in the Title VI complaint log.
• Scheduling and performing Title VI reviews of program areas and sub-recipients.
• Assisting with the effort to develop and/or update Title VI related plans, polices and procedures.
• Scheduling and conducting training on Title VI for internal and external stakeholders.
• Proposing and developing Title VI information for dissemination to the general public and, where appropriate, in languages other than English.
• Monitoring the collection and use of statistical data (race, color, sex, age, disability or national origin) by program areas and sub-recipients; providing written summary reports to the Title VI Unit Manager as requested.
• Attending Title VI meetings and conference calls and other Title VI related meetings as directed and actively participating in these sessions.
• Ensuring effective and timely communication and constructive feedback to the Program area and Regional Title VI Coordinators.
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Conducting other Title VI-related duties and activities as assigned.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than
June 28, 2013, to:
New York State Department of Transportation
Acting Director, Office of Civil Rights
50 Wolf Road, 6th Floor
Albany, NY 12232
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.