Minimum Qualifications Ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in a complex organization. Management experience must include supervision of professional staff, oversight of multiple processes, internal and external communications, and strategic planning. 2 years of the required experience may be substituted with a post-Bachelor degree (MPA, MBA, JD, MA).
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Communicate verbally and in writing to both staff and external stakeholder and must be able to clearly and cogently communicate operational realities and strategic concepts.
• Maintain a clear grasp of operational, strategic, and administrative processes and systems and understand the connections between different organizational units.
• Display fluency in data analysis and projections and be able to deduce and explain the strategic consequences of analysis and projections.
• Demonstrate expertise in driving complex projects, ideally in a shared services environment or in a rapidly growing organization.
• Establish trust-based relationships with customers at 60+ agencies.
• Coach employees in a way that furthers their development.
• Maintain high expectations of self and others and assists subordinates, peers and supervisors in achieving these high expectations.
• Demonstrate credibility and influence with senior organizational leaders.
• Command personal and professional respect from subordinates, peers, and superiors.
• Demonstrate comfort and experience with change management and/or organizational transformation.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a history of acting reliably and with integrity, and will demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
Duties Description The Deputy Chief Business Services Center/Chief of Staff will report directly to the Director of the BSC and will be a core member of the organization’s leadership team, playing a critical role in developing strategy, supporting operations and program management, managing special projects, and overseeing communications. The incumbent of this position will: support the Director in providing strategic direction to the organization. Lead long term strategy development and prioritization of initiatives in steady state; oversee overall program management, progress towards BSC-wide goals and milestones, and identification and resolution of roadblocks, and identification and mitigation of risks; provide leadership for administrative operations (e.g., BSC budgeting and cost accounting, talent management); oversee management of high-priority special projects, particularly cross-cutting initiatives that affect more than one service line; oversee internal and external communications strategy and the development of communications for the Director’s office. Ensure communications have a consistent tone and messaging, in collaboration with other internal and external communicators within the BSC (e.g., Customer Care); plan and lead interactions with the BSC Steering Committee and other key external stakeholders; and oversee a team of professional staff. As the BSC expands, Deputy will be essential to the efficient and effective management of a large and growing program, extending the reach of the Director across a diverse set of complex demands. Ultimately, the Deputy will be responsible for driving the Director's central strategic priorities, and helping to keep the organization on track to achieve its goals.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor, Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.